INFORMATION ABOUT THE FLU VACCINATION FOR PATIENTS 2020/2021
We have limited vaccines available for patients Over 65. Please call the surgery to book your appointment. If you do not want the flu vaccine it is important you let us know.
Patients aged 50-64
All patients aged 50-64 are eligible for a flu vaccination this year. We have received flu vaccinations from The Department of Health and Social Care. The vaccine we are using is called Flublok which has been used in the US for several years. It has been given a temporary licence for use in the UK during the pandemic to cover this extra cohort of patients. Please telephone the surgery after 11am to arrange your appointment on 01423 322309
If your child is eligible please call the surgery to book in an appointment. You will have received a letter.
On the day of your appointment:
- You must not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus, a positive COVID result in the last two weeks or if you have been told to isolate. Contact us and we will rebook your appointment when you are able to leave isolation.
- You must wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm. The vaccinations will be given quickly to limit your time in the surgery building.
- You must wear a face covering.
- Follow the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety. You will be entering the surgery by the main front entrance and leaving by the side door
- Attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising.
- Walk to the practice if you are able to. We would like to reserve car parking spaces for blue badge holders and those with poor mobility. If you do need to drive, please be considerate of our neighbours if you park in the street. If someone is driving you down, please ask them to wait away from the practice premises.
- Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time: we have allocated a strict number of patients per session to ensure that people are queueing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained.
- We encourage you not to touch anything in the practice. Bring your own hand sanitiser to use should you wish to.
- Please follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing. If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself known to the car park steward.
- If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue will be outside for a short period of time.
- We apologise, there will be no chairs available to sit on while waiting (for infection control reasons). If you think you will struggle with this, please speak to the car park steward on arrival.
We appreciate your co-operation at this time.